Thursday, August 02, 2012

The Weight Thing

I don't find losing weight easy. I don't mind working out, but I do mind watching what I eat. I love food, especially food that is flavourful, and when I am fatigued, which is so strong now that I've had Aslyn, I use food to help fuel me up. Yet, I want to get into all my pretty clothes that I haven't been able to wear for the last few months, so I've been working out a lot and trying to follow Weight Watchers. I signed up to do Weight Watchers online, thinking that if I spent the money I'd actually do it, but things have been so busy, that I can't say I've been that great at tracking points. Since I started, I've lost six pounds, but that still leaves nineteen pounds to lose to get to where I was before I got pregnant with Aslyn. Then, because I'm crazy, and I want to be in the best shape of my life, I want to lose another thirty-five pounds on top of that. If you are counting, that means I want to lose fifty-four more pounds.

Right now that feels very daunting.

I am going to add some accountability to myself, and start posting weekly on my progress, with the hope that it will give me some incentive to keep plugging away at it.

On the plus side- my face has thinned out; I'm building muscle, and my cardio has improved greatly!

No comments: