Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cruisin along

I'm pretty pumped today. Today was weigh-in day, and I have now officially lost all of my baby weight. It's taken 18 months, well, really, probably only 4 or so months, but I am down 33 lbs! I have a bit more to lose until my goal weight, but still. Exciting times. This past week I got to go on a run with my husband- something that doesn't happen very often but hopefully will become more of a regular thing, and I've done a couple of Turbo Fire classes. I'm really enjoying Turbo Fire, although I don't know if I'm getting the full effect of it, since I spend a lot of time just trying to figure out what they are doing. They move FAST!!! The music is awesome, though, and the moves pretty interesting, and I'm always a sweaty mess, so I think it is a winner. Chalene is very energetic and encouraging, and it makes me think I should get doing Chalean Extreme again. Some sort of hybrid thing. I feel like it has given me the boost in endurance needed to start jogging/running again, and I plan for this to be a big part of my life from now on. I want to run a 5 K in June, and a 5 mile in July, and then work up to 10Ks and half-marathons. A lot of training and learning how to run properly, but I think that it will be worth it!

Gage has been great lately, although he is very busy. He's been going out to be babysat while I'm at work and I think he really enjoys having different people give them their undivided attention. Although he isn't really talking much, he is starting to verbalize a lot more than he used to, and copies our speech a lot. He has some words that he uses often, but it would be great if he could talk more. Talk more, less crying. He still really likes music, and has gotten a new obsession this week-Froot Loops. I know, I know, the cereal is just full of sugar, but at least he his eating something. Once this box is done, though, it'll be a Froot Loop-less house for a while. When I stop working I think it will be get Gage to expand his palate days-also to get rid of the bottle.

No comments: