Saturday, September 09, 2006

Life in Moncton

Another September, another year in Moncton. I keep thinking, maybe I'll like it better this time, but.... not so much. Matt's not up here with me yet, he's supporting us, back home, so I've been braving the city myself, unpacking all the boxes and putting them away in our first place together. Hopefully he'll like it, if not he can rearrange everything.

Last year, while I was in great excitement because of the birth of my first nephew Kai, I decided to run for the school newspaper editor. And, because nobody ran against me, I won. So I am now the Beacon editor, and a member of the Student Council, so I've been pretty busy this week with all that. But I guess that it is good, because it is making me be a lot more social than I have ever been. And I've even met some super cool freshmans that have totally passed my and Paige's test.

Today, I started applying for jobs, and I had a random interview at Boston Pizza. I went in to drop off a resume, which resulted in me filling out an application, which then resulted in me having an interview. There were lots of laughs, very few verbal diarrhea, but since I was so unprepared (and definately not looking very good), I don't know how it will go. I should know by the end of next week. I also applied at Costco, and Wal-Mart, and picked up an application for Blessings.

I have been having a lot of good talks with people this week, and one of them really hit me. My friend was telling me today that I have too little faith in myself. Which is completely accurate. And this has affected all areas of my life, so I am going to try my hardest to stop letting my doubts and insecurities affect my life, and my interactions with other people. Because really, I have God with me all the time, and He has made me a wonderful woman with talents that I have not been giving all to Him, for fear of failure.

So hopefully, people will see a change in me this year...for the better.

No comments: